Thursday, July 15, 2004

Doesn't Taste Like A Mistake!

Here is a recipe that my mom makes all the time.  In fact, if you were to drop in on her unannounced, I'd bet you dollars to donuts that she'd have a batch in her freezer, ready to pop in the microwave any time.  Men especially love these, because they are mostly meat and cheese.  Great for football days!  I had quite a time finding the party rye loaves, though.  They are not in the bread isle, but in the deli area by the cheeses.  Also, I ran out of garlic powder, so I used onion powder, and they turned out great.  I read something online about someone putting pizza sauce in the meat mixture, which sounds pretty yummy to me.  Enjoy!
 
Polish Mistakes
1 lb. ground beef

1 lb. pork sausage
1 lb. Velveeta
1 Tbsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
3-4 loaves party rye
Brown the meats separately and drain well.  Mix meats and add cheese and other ingredients, melting over low heat (or in microwave).  Stir occasionally.  Spread on rye bread.  Bake at 325 for 4-5 minutes.  Can be frozen before baking and stored in freezer bags.  Bake for 8 minutes if frozen.

1 comment:

K Murphy J said...

Mmmm! Sounds delicious and easy -- two necessary components of any cooking I do. :)