Monday, July 11, 2005

It's almost time!!!

It is now less than five days (4 days 14 hours, actually) until the release of Harry Potter #6 - and I am so excited! I'm planning on watching the movies (#1 is my favorite) and reading the books (#3 is my fav) until 11:45 pm Friday night, when I will go and get the book and try and finish it before my husband gets his hands on it :) I feel like I'm nine and it's December 21. If you are a HP fan like me, you've probably already heard about these great sites:
J.K.Rowling - the author has a very fun site
Scholastic - mostly geared for the young readers, but the trivia game is challenging
The Leaky Cauldron - the best fan site out there - lots and lots of information
If you have a recipe for Pumpkin Pasties, send it my way!

8 comments:

Juliabohemian said...

Sheila, I love you. But, OH MY GOD Harry Potter???

Okay Okay, I'm only kidding. I have never read a single Harry Potter book or seen any of the movies. But my 12 year old brother LOVES them...

mrsfish said...

The Goblet of Fire was my favorite book. I pre-ordered my Harry from Amazon back in January and a couple months ago they emailed me saying it would actually be delivered on Saturday the 16th as long as someone was there to receive it! yay!

Sheila said...

Oh, yes, Julia, I am a HUGE HP fan. So is Stuart - he's probably read the books more times than me. They are quite compelling. You should read the first one. You'll probably want to read them all. :)

And I found recipes for pumpkin pasties AND butter beer. (I found lots of recipes for butter beer, and one calls for REAL beer and butterscotch schnaps. I doubt that's the kind they sell to kids at boarding schools!)

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin pasties?? Why do you want to wear pumpkins on your--

Oh. Never mind.

Sheila said...

Hahaha. You don't wear them! They are little pumpkin pies - you cut circles of dough, put the filling inside, fold and crimp. Bake, eat, yum.

You're just jealous, huh? :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://svjhlgcd.com/itog/espk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://snsxrwqc.com/aibt/fapz.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://svjhlgcd.com/itog/espk.html | http://thugsssb.com/yixz/ljij.html