Sunday, November 06, 2005

Muffins & Frosting

Yep, I made more of the pumpkin cream cheese muffins today, and I'm glad I posted the recipe because I've been getting lots of requests for it. So, to make it easier to find, I've put a new category on the sidebar with all the recipes I've posted. (If you find one I missed, please leave me a comment!) There's lots of fun stuff over there on the sidebar, so go for a wander around and check stuff out. And, a preview: now that the holidays are coming up, I will be making - and posting the recipe - of my favorite cookie, the spritz cookie. It's a little almond butter cookie that you need a cookie press to make, and I LOVE THEM! But I won't leave you empty handed today. Today, my gift to you is my mom's recipe for Mocha Frosting. The nice thing about this is that you have to make a cup of coffee to make it (oh darn).


~Mom's Mocha Frosting~

1/4 cup butter
2-3 Tbsp cocoa powder
hot coffee - add a few teaspoons at a time and mix until smooth
1 tsp vanilla
(1 tsp Kahula, optional)
1 1/2 - 2 cups of powdered sugar


Add the powdered sugar a little at a time until the frosting is the right consistency. If you make a bundt cake, this is an excellent frosting - make it on the runny side, and drizzle it over the cake. It will dry with a nice sheen. For brownies, keep adding the powdered sugar until it's nice and thick.

1 comment:

J said...

Hi sheila. A fan from SE Asia. Came across ur blog by chance. Thanks for all the great recipes will try them out :-D