Thursday, March 16, 2006

(3) The Recipe

Homemade Playdough

In a medium saucepan, combine:

1/2 cup salt
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp. cream of tartar
1 Tbsp. oil
1 cup water
food coloring
1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)

Stir well. Heat gently, stirring all the time. When the dough has reached a good consistency, remove from heat and let cool. (Usually takes 2-3 minutes of cooking on low.) When the dough has cooled, knead until smooth. You can add more flour if your dough is too sticky. Store in a ziplock bag.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Oh LOL!!!! I was just going to ask for the recipe! Thanks!

zbjernak said...

cool

and we can like make noodles out of it after the play time... no?
heheheeheh

AmberJ said...

My mom used to make this for me when I was about Samuel's age. Very fun. Now I have the recipe for Sir Calvin. Thanks!