Friday, November 10, 2006

More Muffins!

Yes kids, it happened again. Really, I love the fact that people like my muffins and are sharing the recipe. But give me some credit please! I did make four or five test batches to get the spice mix just right. (Yeah, we all know that having to make several batches of an extremely yummy baked good is real work, but somebody had to do it.) Anyway, to Grooved Pavement over at Recipe Zaar, make a little mention to your source next time, kay? Thanks.

And now for the more important part - the modified recipe to handle the big can of pumpkin! This is perfect for me because (a) my grocery keeps running out of the small can and all I can get is the big one and (b) my kids stopped liking the cream cheese part and are crying for plain muffins. Enjoy!


Almost-Like-Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Recipe by Sheila at musings of a mommy.blogspot.com
**BIG PUMPKIN CAN (29 oz) VERSION***

4 ½ cups flour
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 ½ tsp nutmeg
1 ½ tsp ground cloves
5-6 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Generous pinch of cardamom (optional)
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp soda
6 eggs
3 cups sugar
3 cups cooked or canned pumpkin (29 oz can)
2 cups vegetable oil
8 oz package cream cheese
Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans) (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients together except cream cheese and nuts. Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full. Put 1-2 tsp cream cheese in the middle, pressing down. Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts. Bake at 350 for 20-25* minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part (do not touch the cream cheese!). Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. Do not touch the cream cheese until it cools, as it is very very hot. Makes 24 regular size muffins with cream cheese and 24 mini muffins* without cream cheese.

*The mini muffins are usually done in 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven and if you bake everything all at once. Check with a toothpick and remove as soon as they are done in the middle.

6 comments:

Sherry C said...

Perfect timing, She!

I made a batch of muffins last night, taking half to my Bible study (where they received rave reviews and I DID give you credit) and leaving half for my fam to enjoy.

But I was eyeing the big can o' pumpkin on the pantry shelf and the mini-muffin tins in the cupboard and having the same thoughts!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

AmberJ said...

Thank you for your willingness to share your yummy recipes. Do I smell book on the horizon? Hmmm...?

Grooved Pavement said...

Hi, this is Grooved Pavement from over at RecipeZaar.com. I picked up what I guess is your recipe on a cooking message board over at the website www.thenest.com. It is pretty popular over there too. Keep up the good work!

Andi said...

Oh, I was just thinking about muffins... and now I'm all set with a new recipe. Thanks :)! Can't wait... two weeks today...

Sheila said...

Thanks, Grooved Pavement. I looked at thenest.com and so many people have posted this recipe that I haven't figured out who the first person was and how they found me! So I'm admiting defeat. Enjoy the muffins, and copy and pass the recipe along as much as you want.