Sunday, June 17, 2007

34 Days

I just pre-ordered a copy of Harry Potter #7. Very exciting. I can't wait. I'm going to pick it up at our local Borders because I like the event. Truth: I like to see all the freaks who actually dress up and make a bigger deal of this than me. It makes me feel normal. Last time (book 6), our store had a very community feel, with all of us non-dressed-up people chatting in line and talking about all the dressed-up folks. You do realize that the dressed-up people were there very very early and were not in the part of the line that I was in. Also, by 12:30 am, most of them already had their books and were either reading it or standing around clutching it to their hearts and smugly looking around at those of us who were still waiting. I can't wait! SUCH fun.

Happy Father's Day, Dad! My favorite memory of my dad is the day that I had to cook dinner myself (practical skill training - my mom had my sister and I make dinner by ourselves a few times a month) and I made lasagna. I put too much sauce on the lower layers, and ran out by the time I got to the top. The top layer of noodles was still crunchy (the recipe I used did not require you to pre-cook the noodles; they cooked in the sauce that I ran out of). My sister declaired the meal disgusting and she ate a pb&j sandwich. My dad ate two helpings of the lasagna, and even told me that he liked it a bit crunchy. What a great dad, huh? Thanks Dad! I love you!

Coming up next week: a typical SoCal evening, a trip down memory lane, and Samuel's version of the Pledge of Allegiance. See you later!

No comments: