Monday, June 18, 2007

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. It was also Father's Day, so we had a joint celebration here involving steak and shrimp, and a chocolate ice cream cake. (Can you guess which part celebrated Daddy and which part celebrated Mommy? Yes, I thought so.) Our day started out with my sister-in-law making us a big quiche breakfast (with a recipe from Paula Deen's show) which was so good that we ate the whole thing. Thanks, Tam! Then we went to church, came home and had lunch, and went for a swim.This is Sally and me right before dinner. Sally set the table herself, with special folded napkins for everyone. She also dressed up.This is what Samuel and K did while we ate dinner. They were wiped out from swimming so hard. K started swimming with her head under (she's not quite two - that's very advanced!) and Samuel can jump in the deep end and swim half the length of the pool (but he's still not "pool safe" so we watch him very closely). They both slept through the entire dinner. This is me with my cake (thanks, honey!) in front of the Pin The Knitting Needle Next To The Other Knitting Needle. Sally made this game up for me. It was so cute - she made knitting needles for each of us, with our names on it, and made me wear a blindfold and everything. I think she won, though. She also made a pinata for me - she used a mylar balloon that had a hole in it and put scraps of paper numbered 1 to more than 177 (yes, she numbered them and cut them apart). We had to dump some papers out and see who had the highest number. I won. This is my cake and my party planner. She's great. Thanks, Sally, for making my day so special! (And shouts out to S, W, and G for the car decorations and huge birthday card! You guys are so great!)

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy birthday Sheila!!!

chickenone said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a great day.

paul and andi said...

Happy Birthday Sheila! Sounds like it was a fabulous one :). Can't wait to see you soon.

Mel said...

Awwwwww....Happy happy birthday.
Late, but nonetheless heartfelt!

What a great little planner you had!

Mary-LUE said...

Happy belated birthday! It makes me remember LAST year's fantabulous celebration.