Friday, July 20, 2007

HP7: Wristband

I got to the bookstore when it opened at 9:00 am, and there was a line around the corner. I waited 1 1/2 hours to get my wristband for tonight. As I was explaining to Sally that I wasn't going to buy the book this morning - I was getting a number to buy the book tonight - it dawned on me that this whole business is pretty silly.

But this is the last book, and I'm going tonight. I'll watch the crazy people who will dress up and I'll get my book around 1:00 am and read for a few hours before going to bed.

There were some people there in a tent. They had spent the night last night to be in first. They aren't leaving so they can be first in tonight, too. One girl had a time turner necklace, and she played with it while reading book 6 and she was probably pretty happy because she was #1 and she got a seat in the shade.

Me? I'm pretty sure I got sunburned. More later.

1 comment:

alison said...

It's 2:00 where you are. I hope you're huddled in bed enjoying your book. (Unless, of course, that would be torturing Stu)