Sunday, July 22, 2007

Knit Bit: Preemie Hat

Yarn: Lion Organic Cotton in Almond; purple & pink embroidery floss

Finished Sizes: 9 inches around; 4.5 inches tall

Directions: This is the hat formula I used for making Caps for the Capital last year. I cast on 44 stitches using US5 needles and knit in K2P2 ribbing for one inch. I switched to US6 and stockenette and knit until the whole thing was just a smidge over 4 inches tall. I knit three rows of decreases, threaded the yarn through the remaining stitches, and sewed up the seam. (I knit little hats flat instead of in the round because I can knit that way so much faster.) This is for a darling little baby girl that was born this week (Pip is her in-utero nickname). Welcome to the world, sweet baby! Congratulations, Dad and Mom!

3 comments:

alison said...

That couldn't be any cuter.

God bless Pip.

Sherry C said...

Hey, she stole my comment!

Ditto.

joelle said...

i cant wait to see it on charlotte