Monday, July 02, 2007

Sleeping With Bread Monday

Moldy Bread ~ Very little to report this week in the "things that caused me to despair" category. It's been a busy but pretty good week. I can think of a couple of little things: I filled up my bird feeder, only to see it totally empty two days later and seeing NO BIRDS eat from it. The culprit? Little field mice who delightfully steal all the bird seed all night long. Little buggers. Also, I really did break my camera. Makes me so upset. But my husband has found a shop that may be able to fix it, so that is a good thing. Meantime, I have knitting stuff to show you, and I don't know if I can find the computer cords for our old digital camera. (Old digital camera. That sounds like an oxymoron.) Also, I can't believe June is over. I love June. I want June to last for a few more weeks.

Freshly Baked Bread ~ Our little garden is growing very nicely. We planted tomatoes, basil, peppers (hot little green ones for the hubby), and cucumbers. We have some more seeds, but need to find a quiet morning to plant them. FamJam was a blast and the kids had such a great time. I don't think I mentioned it here, but we were one of the families that got to be on-stage for the worship portion of the week. Basically, we led hand motions to songs and tried to encourage clapping and dancing and general worship excitement. We were NOT given microphones, so that was good, because singing is not our strong suit. It was very very fun, though, and Sally loved being one of the "chosen ones" - other kids kept trying to get on the stage too. Samuel went up with us once or twice, which I think is pretty good for him. I'm working on a reall cool knitting project - a bag (close to a tote bag shape) made from cotton yarn (Sugar n' Cream) and Lion Microspun. The colors are fantastic. I'm making it to match the yoga mat bags that I made earlier this year, and then I'm going to make a yoga strap. Now, why didn't I think to knit up a yoga strap earlier? I have no idea. Basically, it's a 6-8 foot, 1-2 inch wide, strap of fabric that you use to help you stretch into a pose. A perfectly good and fast knitting project. AND it will match the yoga mat bag, which I love the matching thing. By the by, my friend and I have been doing yoga in the park. Yes, in public, outside, in front of total strangers, while our kids play. At the end of the workout (we do YogaZone dvd's), we lie on our backs and look at the trees and it is a great way to do yoga. Highly recommend it. One last thing - Sally has been doing finger knitting, and last night she taught her friend to do it and they both made little skinny scarves with Fun Fur yarn. How cool is that?

No comments: