Thursday, July 19, 2007

Why I LOVE the fair!

Last night was a night to remember. Samuel had his first ferris wheel ride and pet the chicks, Sally went on the ferris wheel with a friend and won two stuffed animals, and I ate a Krispy Kreme sandwich. Oh yes, I ate it. Mine was a jelly filled donut, cut in half, with a fried chicken patty in the middle. I didn't put the honey on it (it really needed no extra sweetness at all) and it was good. I don't think I could eat it on a regular basis, but for fair food, it totally fit the bill. (For the record, we also had the fried veggies combo, the girl ate a hamburger, the boy ate a hot dog and half of his dad's giant corn dog, and then we shared some ice cream. Oh, and we shared a funnel cake. Later that night, I commented that I was glad that we only went to the fair once a year, because I don't think my system could handle that. I ate salad and fresh fruits today.) However, I am not at all interested in trying Deep Fried Coke. A girl has got to have some standards, after all.

3 comments:

alison said...

Great wrongs are being perpetrated against donuts. I can hang with you on the deep fried twinkies, the candy bars and MAYBE even the coke, but a chicken patty between a jelly Krispy Kreme donut is not right.

Mel said...

Okay....I'm supposing one oughta stay 'open' to the possibility...

That 'one' can be someone else! LOL


ACK!
LOL

AmberJ said...

I'm all over the deep fried snickers, oreos, etc...but COKE? Hmmm...just don't think so.