Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Knit Bit: Sweater Progress & A New Project

Here's the baby boy sweater:
I'm almost done. Although, after I'm "done", I need to do a crochet edging on the whole thing because of the yarn carries on the edges, so I'm not really almost done. But close :) (Yarn carries happen because of the stripe pattern - I carry the yarn that I'm not knitting with along the sides. FYI.)

Since soccer season is upon us, I need a project that is portable & easy. I decided to try out a Log Cabin blanket. After all, Kay and Ann and all their fans can't be wrong, right? So I'm working on a Moderne Baby Blanket in Bernat's cotton tots yarn. Here's my progress so far:
(The colors look better than this picture shows. I'm still using the old camera becasue the new camera that I got, well, it's not working right either. Soooo, I'm going to have to send that one back and wait for another one. Grrrr.) Of course, I changed the numbers in the pattern, starting a little smaller because I wanted my first one to go fast. Loving it so far, though. Already have colors picked out for a Baby Boy Moderne! (Interested in more log cabin blanket pics? Check out the KAL blog.)

In other knitting news, I'm on the wait list for Ravelry. That's going to be a fun day when the site is up and running. I can't wait! Unfortunately, about 15,000 people are in line ahead of me. (Yes, doesn't it scare you that there are that many knitters and crocheters out there? Be afraid. Be very afraid.)

1 comment:

Mel said...

I don't much care for non-working cameras either........but wow, what pretty yarn!