Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Our Little Garden

Today is my last day of freedom. Tomorrow I'm off to fetch the kiddos from Cousin's Camp. I took a quiet morning in the backyard today, cleaning the pool and checking out the garden. A few years ago, I got it into my head to have a little garden in planter boxes. (I must have seen a home and garden show about it, or maybe it was an article in a magazine. I forgot.) I made two large boxes and filled them with quality soil and planted several things, but all we got were several small squash. This year, we decided to go for the garden late in the season, so we bought plants instead of seeds. Look at our tomatoes!Aren't they lovely? We got three different kinds of tomato plants - a roma, a cherry, and a hybrid kind that I have never heard of before. We also have basil (to go with the tomatoes, of course)


and cucumbers and the kids and I just planted these pumpkin seeds last week (those are green beans in the front by the tomato cage).
Here's a view of the backyard - we took out the large grapefruit tree and it opens up the space quite a bit.

Well, I'm off. Lots to do and only one day to do it in. The last month of summer - bittersweet to me. I can't decide if I want it to last and last, or fly by to the first day of school.

1 comment:

Mel said...

If we're taking votes, could we have summer last just a tad longer, please?

Gosh, it seemed to go by way too fast. *sigh*