Monday, August 20, 2007

Two Weeks

There are two weeks left of summer. Two weeks. I can't explain how I can be estatic and sad at the same time that there are only two weeks left, but I am. At the core of who I am, I love back to school. I love the going to bed early and the getting up early. I love new school supplies. I love the promise of a new school year. I love the school year schedule that shapes our days and weeks.

What's left to do in two weeks? A short list:
  • Go to the Natural History Museum in L.A.
  • Clean out the kid's rooms
  • Pick out the first day of school outfits
  • Fill out Samuel's paperwork for preschool
  • Finish up the reading club at the library
  • Play Monopoly with Sally
I'm sure I'll squeeze in more than that, but I'll stop for now. We have to go to the pet store - one of Sally's new fish (the orange one) didn't make it through the night last night. Even though we tried to prepare her for the fact that fish sometimes don't live very long, she's upset. The other fish, Starme (the black one), seems to be doing fine. Hopefully he'll hang in there for a few more weeks.

4 comments:

Child of God said...

Believe it or not, one of the goldfish we got in April is still alive. The other one konked out after only two weeks. It was sad.

We LOVE the L.A. natural history museum! Have fun! (For future reference, if you go on the first Tuesday of the month, it's free.)

Tito J said...

I wonder what Starme looks like... (And do you pronounce it like "Star-mee?")

Sheila said...

K - Believe it or not, every first Tuesday of the month turned out to be a day where we couldn't go! I tried all summer! Oh well. I'll let you know how it goes.

J - Starme is pronounced "Star-Me" and people think she named her fish "Starry" because, sadly, not everyone knows all the Pokemon names. (sarcasm there) He's a black fish with big eyes. When I get my new, working camera, I'll try and post a picture for you :)

Tito J said...

Does Starme look like this??
http://www.viridea.it/img-down/Blackmoor.jpg