Thursday, September 06, 2007

Knit Bit: Finished Blanket & Scarf

Here's the scarf that I finished last night for my friend:
It's made with Cashmerino Chunky yarn and it's delicious. The pattern is called Broken Rib or Mistake Rib. (For the knitters, cast on a multiple of four plus one. Then (K2, P2) K1 every row. It's a great texture.)

Here's the baby blanket I made for my other friend:
It's made with Lion Cotton-Ease yarn - red because she loves USC and I couldn't find any pretty yellow yarn. It's my own pattern - a seed stitch border with a heart motif in the center.

4 comments:

alison said...

I love the heart blanket. So sweet.

You are a knitting genius.

Did you ever read that novel I recommended about knitting? It was good and, I would think, especially for a fellow knitter.

AmberJ said...

I love the scarf. That just looks yummy. I just might have to try that one.

I can't believe you made up your own blanket pattern. Very nice!

cko said...

You are so talented! These are gorgeous works of art.

Mel said...

VERY nice pattern on the blanket.
I'm impressed!