Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Knit Bit: Project Rundown

I've been looking at the new Knitty that is up, and dreaming about knitting my own Mr. Greenjeans - subbing the yarn with a KnitPicks yarn, dreaming about what color I would pick. Yum. I also keep thinking about knitting my own Harry Potter-esque v-neck school sweater, but I can't decide to go with Gryffindor colors (scarlet & gold) or Ravenclaw (blue & bronze). I've been working on trying to finish some projects, like the first pair of socks:
I'm very close to being done. I've finished the gusset decreases and now I'm just knitting around and around the toe part. I'm inspired to finish because I want to knit some of these socks next. Here's a Christmas project I'm working on for my dad:
I figure that he probably isn't getting any computer time right now, and if he sees it, he may forget about it. (And that's not USC colors, it's Marine Corps colors. Sepmer Fi!)
Here's the Baby Moderne Log Cabin progress:
Of course, I am already off pattern, and doing my own thing. But isn't that the beauty of the log cabin? You can do your own thing and it still looks good. I am thinking I may buy some flannel fabric for the back and do a little hand quilt action. And here's the colors I am using for the boy version:
Yes, dear pregnant friends. First girl and first boy out gets these beauties. Aren't you so lucky to have me as your friend? (The answer is Yes, yes you are!)

3 comments:

Mel said...

Good grief......do you EVER rest?

Wonderful colours on the log cabin blanket...and way cute!

Sheila said...

Only when I sleep! Thanks!

AmberJ said...

I am drooling over that blanket! It's gorgeous. My mom-in-law made a log cabin quilt for my baby girl. I can't wait to see it, although the knitted version looks a bit harder to put together! :)