Monday, October 01, 2007

Camp Cooking

We took a camp stove and a cast iron dutch oven camping. That is about the best combo ever. (And a kettle for hot water - got to have coffee & hot chocolate in the morning.) I came up with this recipe for chicken tacos, and it tasted so good that I thought I'd share.

Chicken Tacos

2-3 cans cooked chicken
1-2 packets taco seasoning
1 can tomatoes (I used plain diced)
1 can beans
1 can corn

Put some oil in your pan and heat it up. Add the chicken and any spices you have and cook, chopping up the chicken. Add all the other cans of stuff and let it simmer for 20-40 minutes. Serve with tortillas and shredded cheese and anything else you have around. Also great as a topping for nachos. I wish I had some leftover rice to add to the mix - it would have been so good. Pack some ziplock bags for any leftovers!

1 comment:

cko said...

Yummy! Might even try fresh tomatoes and such for less salt.