Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Conversations With The Kids

(This conversation won't make much sense to you if you haven't seen the movie, Night at the Museum. The kids are referring to a scene from that movie.)

While in the car -

Me: "Samuel, you can't have a t.v. in your room, but I'll tell you what. Daddy and I will think about getting you your own clock with a cd player in it, like Sally's, for your room. How about that?"
Samuel: "Ok!"
Sally: "Yeah, but I need a new one because mine keeps, you know, skipping on the cd's."
Stuart: "It does what?"
Me: "It skips sometimes, but that's because she plays it too loud." (pause, with no reply from the girl) "That, and their cd's are scratched up because they keep manhandling them."
Sally: "Manhandling!" (laughs) " 'I don't like to be manhandled!' "
Samuel: " 'It makes me feel small.' "
(everyone laughs)
Me: (to Stuart) "I love our kids."

No comments: