Monday, October 22, 2007

Home

My car wouldn't start this morning. Usually I'd embrace such a day, so I'm trying to by doing some laundry, catching up on email, made the boy and me some eggs for breakfast, and I'm going to do a little knitting and a little cooking. I don't know what's up with me, though, because all I can do is think about things I think I "need" to do, but really don't need to do them at all. I actually don't "need" to go anywhere with a car (the store is within walking distance!) until Wednesday. I think I needed today. My mind is having trouble slowing down.

And the wind! Yesterday the wind was CRAZY, blowing all kinds of problems around southern california. We walked the girl to school on a carpet of evergreen and leaves. It was surreal.

I'm completely smitten with Ravelry. I'm switching my blogging time to Ravelry time, so the posting may be choppy. Also, the holidays. Boy, this time of year just rushes past me. Even when I try and do some things to slow it down, it still goes so fast.

The boy and I are off to the grocery for supplies for dinner. I thought I'd celebrate the non-working car by making some homemade bread. This one. Yum.

1 comment:

AmberJ said...

I love how He gives us days like these.