Thursday, October 25, 2007

Knit Bit: Beret

Well, kids, this is one of the fastest knits ever. I call it Raspberry Beret (of course - what else?) and I used one strand of blue and one strand of purple held together.
It matches the fingerless gloves I made in the spring.Both were knit with Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, available on-line from knitpicks.com. The beret is from a pattern in a book and the gloves are from a pattern on-line.

In other knitting news, I found a pattern for that bamboo yarn - it's a Diamond Shawl.

It turns out to be a great deal on that yarn, because it will take me pretty much forever to finish knitting it. (The diamond shawl pattern is free on-line from lionbrand.com.)

5 comments:

Child of God said...

Ok, I'm really glad you clarified that bottom picture is a shall. I totally thought it was something else. Adult.

Sherry C said...

Loving the beret and fingerless gloves. I would so wear that little set. You are so cool.

Sherry C said...

Oh, and C.O.G., my first thought was not shawl, either.

Sheila said...

Funny! :)

Thanks, Sherry!

Mel said...

Pretty!

But I'm thinkin' I don't wanna know what the others thought that shawl could possibly be. LOL