Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Knit Bit: Socks!

Well, I finally finished knitting my first pair of socks. Just under a year, too (actually, nine months. Hmmm. Don't read too much into that one.)
For the knitters, the yarn is Lion Magic Stripes “Purple” (a discontinued color) and I used US 3 (3.25 mm) double pointed needles. The pattern is straight out of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Knitting Rules! I got the gague right so took off following her numbers and it worked great. Look here - I was even able to match the stripe pattern pretty well!
So, I'm glad they are done. I have another sock pattern that I am thinking about knitting, but I am not smitten with sock knitting. (Good thing, as I understand it can be very addicting) And, in other knitting news, I am only 2,567 people away from my Ravelry invitation. (And, in case you were wondering, 14,014 people are in line after me.)

No comments: