Thursday, October 04, 2007

Three Things Thursday

(1) Private Practice is becoming my new favorite show.

(2) I still love music by Rick Springfield.

(3) I made cookies yesterday with the kids. Every time I make cookies, I call my mom. Making cookies and my mom will always go together in my mind. (They are Monster Cookies - if you are in the area, you should really stop by after school. Monster Cookies are made with oats and peanut butter and chocolate chips and m&ms (no flour). We made these with Halloween m&m's.)

For Alison: This is the recipe I use for Monster Cookies, but I use 3 cups of peanut butter and one cup of chocolate chips and one cup of m&ms. Also, I don't mix in the m&ms but put them on top right before baking. It makes the cookies prettier. I also make half a batch, as it makes A LOT of cookies. If you have the freezer space and the time to bake them all, they do freeze great and my mom and dad like to eat them right out of the freezer.

8 comments:

alison said...

Please post the recipe.

The kids and I have been baking up a storm.

Sheila said...

Enjoy :)

Sherry C said...

Monster Cookies and cramming for exams will be forever linked in my memory. Two of those cookies (or sometimes even one) and you could skip a time-consuming trip to the cafeteria without feeling hungry or like you'd filled up with just junk. I am definitely making some of those this week. Thanks for the reminder and inspiration.

Your mom rocks. I'm sure I have thanked your mom over the years for those cookies-by-mail that she sent so faithfully, but would you just thank her one more time for me?

What a blessing to be Mrs. I.'s daughter's roommate for two years--and her friend for more than that!

alison said...

Thanks for posting. I have been fiddling with the Quaker Oats recipe. For years I have just substituted chocolate chips for raisins. A couple weeks ago I made them with half butter, half Smart Balance (zero trans fat, Baby!) and half of the flour with whole wheat. They were really good and no one noticed the substitutes.

alison said...

Ok, I got distracted by the cookies.

You "still" love Rick Springfield? How could you ever?

I don't question your taste in food, you'd never hear me debating the saladness of Strawberry Pretzel Salad; I'd be too busy gobbling it up, but I do question your taste in music. What other scary revelations are there?

Anonymous said...

Sherry,
You are so welcome. I'm glad that you liked the cookies and they helped you through college. Your sweet, positive comments came at just the right time as God knew I needed an uplift - and that's exactly what you gave me. I feel very blessed to have two great daughters - they make me very proud. I'm glad you and Sheila have remained friends and still keep in touch.
Thanks again,
Linda
Happy Baking!!!

Sheila said...

Alison, where were you in the 80's? Me and all my friends wanted to BE Jessie's Girl! And General Hospital? Dr. Noah Drake!

Many more scary revelations to come - just three a week :)

Megan said...

Oohhh I love Rick Springfield too! He was in concert here in Denver not too long ago, I wanted to go so bad.