Thursday, November 08, 2007

Coping

So today was a bummer. I stumbled through the morning, my eye feeling between mildly irritated to moderately painful. It is still better than the blinding pain that I was having on some mornings, so that is good, but three or four hours of varying levels of pain can really wear you down. (Highlight of the day was lunch with my friend Vivian. Thanks for listening to me!) I realized that my body was tense and that my breathing was irregular, so I put in some more drops and decided to knit. (It was that or hit the ice cream or look for something stronger. Since I took an Aleve - and it was early afternoon - I thought knitting was the best choice.) I've been working on this hat - I started it yesterday because I needed something to get my mind off the whole eroding eye issue. Anyway, today I took a look at my progress and noticed two mistakes. Two. I tried to convince myself that nobody would notice but me, but I stared at the thing for a few minutes, then I lied down and closed my eyes for a few minutes, then I quickly ripped the whole thing out. Quickly so I couldn't change my mind. I knew it would bother me every time I'd wear that hat, and I needed more distraction today anyway. So I've been working on it while making dinner, helping Sally with her homework, and watching some akito reality show with Stuart. I'm back to where I was before I ripped it out - and no mistakes!
If you see a mistake, DO NOT TELL ME. My eye is feeling much much better tonight, and it's not necessary to distract me because I need a good night's sleep. (Knitters, it's Lion Cotton Ease yarn in Taupe on US7 needles.)

2 comments:

alison said...

Sorry to hear about your eye.

I hope you're feeling better today. Have a great weekend.

cko said...

Glad you are feeling better. The eye is so delicate.
The design on the hat is gorgeous. You are so talented!