Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Harvest Fruits Dessert

I baked two of our pumpkins yesterday (for those who garden, they did turn orange off of the vine - I was worried that they wouldn't) and they were very good.I got the idea for this baked dessert from the internet, but I can't remember where. The fancy name is all me.
Directions: Cut the lid off of the pumpkin and clean it out. Rinse and salt lightly. In a bowl, combine cut apples, pears, and raisins. (I left the skin on the fruit and cut into bite sized pieces.) I also added dried cranberries. Add brown sugar and toss to coat; add other spices if desired. (Cinnamon and nutmeg are good.) Fill the pumpkin with the fruit mixture, place it on a jelly roll pan (or other pan with sides) and into a 350 oven for one hour to one and a half hours. Remove fruit with a big spoon, scraping the sides of the pumpkin as you go. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow.

And was it as good as it looks?