Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Knit Bit: Hat!

Here's what happens when knitting is your method of self-soothing - you finish stuff pretty fast. :) I had most of this hat finished last night while I was watching The Bourne Idenity on TV, but left the last decreases at the top for today. (I don't trust myself with the double-pointed needles late at night.)It's the Coronet pattern from knitty. I used Lion Cotton-Ease yarn in taupe and berry. I am planning on making a sweater (Alice) with this yarn, so I wanted to do a smaller project to make sure I like it. Here is a picture of the swatches I made to figure out which colors I liked together. I really like the lime and purple, but those colors just don't work with my coloring.

I'll have to make something for Sally with them, because I love the way they look together. But first I'm making a sweater for Sally with some other cotton yarn that I have, and I'm also making some slippers that have to be felted in the washing machine (that means that I wash them in hot to shrink them on purpose. Doesn't that sound like fun? The kids are planning on watching me do it. I'll have lots of pictures!). I'm also almost done with a blanket for a baby boy that was born last month (congratulations to J & T!).
Thanks to everyone for all your nice comments and good wishes for my eye. It doesn't hurt at all today, which is a huge relief to me and everyone who lives with me. Have a great day, everyone!

3 comments:

cko said...

A beautiful hat! I love the colors too. So happy your eye is better. It is hard not to take sight for granted since we use our eyes every day automatically.

grandma tina said...

you do SUCH beautiful work!!! ...am praying for your speedy recovery!

Beth said...

I love the blue and gray...beautiful. : D