Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thank You

I left for my doctor appointment this morning wearing my lucky self-knit socks, thinking a happy thought, and in the company of my best friend/designated driver (who had been instructed to say Nice Things like "it will be fine" and "you're doing great").

I sat in the doctor's chair while the assistant gave me two rounds of numbing drops (two!) and tried to keep calm while my dear friend made funny small talk with me.

When my doctor came in and looked at my eye and said, "It looks really good - much better than last time - I'm really surprised" I just held my breath because I couldn't breathe. When he said that he didn't think it was necessary to do the debridement today, I opened and closed my mouth, and then my friend did the nicest thing - she said out loud the thing I was thinking.

Prayers have been answered!

I go back in one month. I'm so so thankful. Thank you, Dr. K. To everyone sending prayers my way, thank you. To my husband and kids who prayed over me this morning, I love you guys. To the God who keeps me in His hands, thank you for your work in my eye and my life.

Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

grandma tina said...

PTL!!!!

Paul and Andi said...

So many things to be thankful for! Thanks for the update... Happy Thanksgiving. We'll miss you today.

Mel said...

:-)

Prayer works.

*hugs*

alison said...

I'm so glad, Sheila.