Friday, December 28, 2007

Adding Insult to Injury

Me: "I'm calling to see if my car is ready."

Car Mechanic: "Yes, it's all fixed. I changed your spark plugs, put in new wires, and then you still had that misfire problem, so I put in a new coil. Now it runs great."

Me: "Great!"

Car Mechanic: "There are a few things you should consider fixing in the next few months. You have a small hole in an exhaust tube and that should be replaced. Also, one of the sensor wires in the blah de blah (at this point, the technical aspects of the fine workings of the oxygen filter and heating thingie went right over my head) and should be changed. I'll write those up for you so you can see what they will cost."

Me: "Okay."

Car Mechanic: "And there's one more thing."


(Are you holding your breath?)



(Wait for it - it's worth it.)



Car Mechanic: "You need to get your pest problem eliminated. I found mouse droppings on your engine. Those mice love to chew on wires. You need some poison or something."


@#$%&* mice. This means war.

2 comments:

Mary-LUE said...

Two thoughts:

1. What is with you and furry pests, possums, mice, etc.?

2. Maybe the mouse problem at church is your fault!

Mel said...

LOL

Sorry.
Seriously.
I'm not laughing..really.
k....I WAS laughing but I'm not now.....

*snickering*
:-)