Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eye Update

My eye is doing very well. Realize, though, that this could change at any time, which is the most frustrating thing to me. It could look fine to the doctor, feel fine to me, and then one bad night later, it's trashed again. But I am feeling more and more confident that this time it really IS better.

I am using a very thick ointment at night (Muro 128) which I think is the best thing for me. I'm also using a humidifier (found that tip on the internet, and Dr.K. said it may help) every night. I'm taking flax oil with omega-3s (on the advice of Grandma and Mom) and vitamin E (on the advice of Mom) and I'm also trying to drink more water (my own idea - it can't hurt). Today I bought some Silk soymilk, since it has lots of good things for your eyes and, again, it can't hurt. I'm replacing my normal creamer with that in my coffee. With all of these changes, I'm hoping that my body will appreciate my efforts and stop messing up my poor crazy eye. Thanks for asking about me and for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Sherry C said...

I followed a crazy rabbit-trail and found a site written by a woman who loves to write and knit. I thought you might enjoy this short story (or part of a story) of hers, entitled "The Leaving Sweater."

Sheila said...

Thanks, Sherry - that was a great story. Dontcha just love taking some time and following a crazy trail? Me too. :)

Mel said...

*sending more prayers and positive thoughts*