Monday, January 07, 2008

The Good & The Bad

The Good

We had a great week in Northern California last week, visiting Stu's family and my sister and her family. It was a nice break from work and school, and everyone had fun. I got to spend lots of time with my new niece, who is a love of a baby and both kids couldn't get enough of holding the baby. I actually got her to laugh and it was such a blessing to hear! I also got some great knitting time in, making a dishcloth in the car and working on the socks for Stuart (I'm at the heel).

The Bad

Saturday morning, the day that we were driving home, I awoke to intense pain in my eye again. I damaged it very badly this time - I could barely open it all day long. Thankfully I was able to get some strong painkillers from a very kind family member and I made it through the car ride home. I'm going to the doctor today and I'm pretty sure he'll want to do another debridement. I probably won't be posting any more this week. Please pray for a complete recovery for my eye. Thanks everyone.

3 comments:

alison said...

Sheila, I am so sorry to hear about your eye.

Mel said...

Oh gosh.....I'm sorry to hear about the eye, too.
Grateful you got some of that time with a laughing baby, though!

*hugs and prayers*

Jacob, Dawn, Marshall & Samara Coleman said...

I will say a prayer for your eye!