Monday, January 28, 2008

Knit Bit: Swift

I love bags. Normally, though, I favor quantity over quality. I like options. I've noticed lately that I only use bags that are black and have lots of organization. Although I like to BUY bags in other colors, I hardly ever USE them. My last bag was great, but was starting to rip. I had a fantastic little black backpack, but the zipper gave out. (Also, very little organization.) So I started to look for a new bag, something that would hold a little or hold a lot, and something that would last me a bit longer this time.

Enter the Swift. (I first read about it on this blog.) It was pretty much love at first sight. I wanted it badly. Unfortunately, I found it at the end of November, and couldn't justify buying it for myself. Fortunately, I have a husband who likes to internet shop and is not offended at all by gift suggestions. I emailed him a wish list, and he got it for me for Christmas!!!
Now for one of my secrets: often times, I want something and I want it bad and I make myself wait and then I wait the required amount of time to see if I really really want it or just wanted it for a few days and then I get it and then, well, then I don't like it as much as I thought I would. It's a very sad thing. I am very happy to report that the Swift was not like that at all. I wanted it - I got it - and I love love love it! It holds all my junk and I can find everything pretty fast. It is not very heavy with just my normal stuff in there. It can expand to hold a large knitting project, all my eye medications (that's in a quart size ziplock bag now), one of the kid's sweatshirts, my husband's sunglasses, and our camera. (That test was given during our trip, when I actually had all these items in there at one time. I could still carry the bag, too.)

It has fantastic knitting features, like a special knitting pouch to hold a small project (mine holds a cotton dishcloth and a baby hat in progress).
and all sorts of hooks to attach stuff to the bag and clear zippered pockets to hold all your stuff and a button closure with an expandable strap (three button holes).

And it is black and grey (which are Raiders colors, and my husband is a lifelong Raiders fan, so all things black and grey are Good Things). Here's me heading out the door:
(Photo credit goes to Samuel, the photographer in training.) If you are a knitter or crocheter and like to carry around a project, you'll love this bag. I'm glad it's made of 1050 denier ballistic nylon so I can use it for a nice long time. Thanks, honey, for a great gift! You're the best!

No comments: