Friday, January 11, 2008

A Week To Forget

I live.

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes on my behalf. I went to see Dr. K. on Monday, and sure enough, my cornea was still damaged from Saturday's erosion. We decided that I needed another debridement, and I told him to go ahead and just do it quick. He did. This time, I heard the popping when he put the holes in my cornea so that the new cells will really hold on tight in those little holes. It was a difficult day. He sent me home with a narcotic perscription (codene this time) and I went home and went to bed for four days. Well, not really, but it felt like it. I had to go back on Wednesday and get the contact out, only to have to have an eye patch taped on half of my face. Seriously. The big bright spot in all of this is that my parents came out to take care of me and the family. Thank God for parents! The kids have been having fun with their Grandma and Grandpa.

Things look good, and Dr. K. really really hopes this time it works. My condition doesn't have a one solution that works type of deal, so we try the least invasive first and hope for the best. I did contacts, drops, one debridement, a second debridement. I really hope this works, because the next step would be the laser surgery.

I am also putting a humidifier in my room and I have started taking Vitamin E and Omega 3s. Also I have a new eye cream to use at night. I'm doing everything I can think of to prevent another erosion.

This is pretty sad blogging, too. I need nice, new, happy things to report. Hopefully next week will be better.

3 comments:

Mel said...

No no...this isn't 'sad' blogging, it's wonderful to know you're okay and on the road to healing, actually.
Not that I woulda wished this for you, mind you.

*hugs and prayers*
Just let people take care of you.
Rest.
And indulge yourself in somethings, eh?

Child of God said...

Oh Sheila, my heart just aches for you. This whole situation is gut wrenching for me to read. But I'm glad you're making these posts, otherwise I wouldn't know how you are doing. I am praying for you.

alison said...

Thanks for posting. I am so glad your parents are there. I'm just sorry you are going through this. Please take it easy.

Is this keeping you from knitting? I know it was rough because there was nary a mention of knitting.