Monday, March 03, 2008

Conversations with Samuel and Sally

(A few months ago, we watched the movie Transformers. Samuel and I particularly liked it, and the two of us have watched it together a few more times (I edit out the scene where Sam and his parents discuss "alone time"). This weekend, Charlie's Angels II was on TV. Since it was edited for language, I taped it and then edited out a couple of scenes that were a bit, um, questionable. Shia LaBeouf is in both of these movies - and by the by, I can't wait to see him in the new Indiana Jones movie.)

Me: "I know - let's finish watching Charlie's Angels. We had to stop it in the middle yesterday."
Sally: "Oh yeah! Let's watch that! Remember, Samuel, it has the guy you like from Transformers in it."
Samuel: "Actually, there are two people from Transformers in it."
Me: "No there isn't. Just Sam."
Samuel: "No Mom, there's two. There's the other guy."
Sally: "What other guy?"
Samuel: "The other guy. (Now we are watching the movie.) Not that guy. No, not that guy. THAT guy. Right there." (He points to Bernie Mac.)
Me: (shocked) "You're right! He's the car salesman in Transformers!" (I look at Samuel, totally stunned) "I can't believe you made that connection." (Now I look at Sally) "He is one of us after all!"
(We all hug)
Samuel: (beaming proudly) "Are you going to write about me in your blog?"

4 comments:

cko said...

Samuel is so cute. I have a big smaile on my face now!

Mel said...

LOL

k....he's just too precious.
Keep him! :-)

Rebecca said...

Awwww I wish I was there to listen to that conversation!!! :)

dre besmehn said...

so smart! and i love group hugs :)!