Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Good Day

Do you ever have a day where everything comes together? These are rare in my life, but I had one this morning. I had a pretty good night's sleep, and woke up feeling refreshed. I got some new coffee flavors yesterday, so had a great cup of coffee. Then, while I was getting ready, I heard Sally and Samuel working together to make their own lunches. (Yes, I was stunned too. Someone somewhere is praying hard for me today!) I picked out some clothes that I haven't worn together and it looks the way I wanted it to, and even my hair is doing some good things all by itself. I keep looking at the bottom of my shoes and checking to see if I have my keys, expecting my luck to change. But it's all coming together today.

I remember a day like this when I was working at the high school. It was my third or fourth year teaching, and I had such a great day. I taught my lessons with grace and wit. I was eloquent. I got everything done that I planned to get done. Then after school, I was helping this boy with algebra and it was at the moment that the lights came on for him and everything made sense in his brain, and I could see it on his face and in his eyes that the math "clicked" into place. It was a privilege to witness that moment. I drove home with my soul floating about ten feet above my car, thrilled with the fact that I was doing exactly what God put me on this earth to do.

I'm so thankful for days like these. It makes days like Monday, when it seemed that everything I was trying to do was doomed to failure, bearable. There are good days and there are bad days. If you are having a bad day today, hang in there and be encouraged - your good day will be here soon!

3 comments:

Sherry C said...

What a refreshing post, She. Thanks for writing it.

Sheila said...

Thanks, Sherry, but I spoke too soon. I had a good morning - then the day kind of fell apart. At least I had the morning to cheer me up! :)

alison said...

At least you did speak, so that the wonderful morning was not forgotten in the shadow of the cruddy afternoon.