Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

What a great Easter Sunday we had! Here's a few pics to start off the day:
Me and the kids. Hey Dad - that's the new minivan. Nice, huh? We like it. (Notice Sally's sweater - that's the one I knit for her. I was so glad she wanted to wear it.)

Here's the wacky pose that the kids insisted on:

And one with Stuart (Samuel is still in wacky pose mode):
The kids had a visit from the Easter Bunny during the night, and they were up early and were very happy. I let them do the egg search while I slept in (until 7:30 - not late enough) since Samuel had a bloody nose in the middle of the night. This isn't such a big deal (both his dad and I had frequent nosebleeds as children), but he doesn't wake up at first so there is always a mess to clean up. Once I was finally almost asleep, he announced that he needed to go potty and would I please come wipe him? It was a long night. (Forgot to mention - I was up late too, as I had to do the easter bunny shopping after the kids were asleep because Sally is starting to not believe. I want her to have a few more years of the magic.)
After breakfast (and candy) we were off to church. We have been visiting a new church this past month, and today it was an incredible service. It was so life-giving and joyous and exciting. I came out of there encouraged and so very blessed.
We spend the afternoon with some friends, and then came home to do a few projects and to rest. I'm knitting up a pink hat for the newest baby girl (congrats to J & L and a shout out to baby Z) and got caught up on some blog reading. This week is the kids spring break. We are going to work on the back yard - mainly the garden. So, in farewell, some inspiration photos for you (and for me - I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to sleep in the morning and NOT work in the yard with two kids who are only partially convinced that this will be fun).

6 comments:

Child of God said...

Our girls both struggle with bloody noses, too. I don't think I've had a bloody nose in my entire life. But BW still struggles with them. It must be genetic. I can soooo identify with your night. Had my share of those, too.

Sheila said...

Any tricks that work for you? A wet paper towel usually gets it to stop the fastest for Samuel. Sometimes I get him to drink ice water through a straw and that seems to help, too. Sally never gets them, so she panics at all the blood. (good big sister, I guess!) Happy Easter, K!

alison said...

What kind of van did you buy? We are shopping as ours died last week. We had a hot lead that we were going to look at tomorrow until I thought to check the Insurance Institute...can't remember the name, where they test safety. Poor is not a good rating.

Yours is a pretty silver.

Sheila said...

Alison, it's a Hyundai Entourage, and I love it! It has very good safety ratings, our insurance cost went up a very small amount, and there are cup holders and bag holders everywhere. The only bad thing that we found from online users is that the actual gas mileage is somewhat less than the manufactor says it is, but that seems ok when I consider that we have a ten year (extended) warrenty and all the safety features. And it's silver with black interior - much prettier than the white with fake wood interior. It also comes in blue and grey, which rounded out my top three colors. (BTW, the other car I was considering was the Toyota Sienna, which is a little more expensive but my mechanic says that those toyota engines run pretty much forever.)

alison said...

We are looking at a Sienna, now. It doesn't have the extras I wanted, but it looks like I'd be able to walk away if there was a crash. I was so busy checking mechanicals and heated leather seats that it didn't occur to me to check the safety rating. It has now become my first priority.

cko said...

I love Sally in her new sweater. It is so wonderful to be inspired by God's words. We miss you all and hardly had an egg hunt! It was only Kailani looking.