Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day After Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday (and happy birthday to fellow birthday peeps Stephanie, Julia, and Kendra) and it was a lovely one. Breakfast with my kids at the Arboretum, walking around and looking at the gardens and flowers. Some errands and lunch. Some swimming and dinner. A great big cake from Cold Stone from my wonderful husband. Lots of phone calls and cards - thanks all around, everyone!

Sally decided to make me cupcakes, and she did it almost all by herself. Homemade, crushed cookie cupcakes. I got down the high ingredients and separated the eggs and handled the oven part, but she did all of the rest. I'm so proud of her.

Speaking of Sally, we have started watching a new show together. It's the BBC show How Clean Is Your House? and we love it. These two British ladies find the most awfully dirty homes, go in and gently scold the owners, take some dirt samples for the lab to identify, and then clean it all up. The lab part is the best - you just can't believe how many contaminants are in these homes. It's like a car accident that you can't look away from - we can't stop watching it.

That's about all around here. I have to help Sally with her blog now. (ah yes, she has started a blog. if you do a little snooping, you'll find it too)

3 comments:

AmberJ said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

Beth said...

Why didn't you tell me your bday was coming up?! ERGH!

Happy late birthday!

Sheila said...

Thanks!
And because I don't want you to feel like you have to get me anything - I just like hanging out with you, and I get to do that often :)