Sunday, June 08, 2008

Media

We've had a great couple of weekends around here. Last weekend my parents were here (I have a few photos to post soon) and (many of you will be happy to hear this) my Dad got me watching House. Several of my friends have recommended it to me, but I just never sat and watched it. Now that Idol is done, Lost is done, and no word yet on when the new season of Psych starts, I need a new show. House it is. (Still not done watching Scrubs either.)

A few weeks ago I saw that The Exorcism of Emily Rose was showing on one of the channels that we get and I recorded it. Now, I'm not usually one for the scary movies - too scary - but this one interested me because I went to college with the director. (Yes, he was a senior when I was a freshman, but so what. It still counts.) Also I heard that it was more of a courtroom drama than a horror movie, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, I started watching it by myself, and it scared the pants off me. (Not literally. Come on, it's not that kind of blog.) So I mentioned to my friend that I had started watching it but didn't finish it, so we watched it together. I talked through the scary parts, but overall it was a really good movie. Still scared the pants off me, but the ending was good and the locket was an excellent touch.

We took the kiddos to see Kung Fu Panda on Friday - very good movie. We all liked it. Our new favorite word is "skadoosh!" (That's what the panda says when he bounces the bad guy off of his stomach - skadoosh!) Saturday night some friends watched our kids for us and we went to see the Indiana Jones movie, and I loved it. I love that kid, Shia (how do you say your name anyway) LaBeouf. Very entertaining. Can't wait for his next movie - Eagle Eye - we saw the preview and it looks good.

I'll finish with a few comments on the season finale of Lost. Loved it! Loved that Desmond finally reunited with Penny. Loved that Sawyer jumped out of the helicopter to save Kate. What is the deal with moving an island anyway? Crazy.

3 comments:

AmberJ said...

Is Kung Foo Panda appropriate for 3-4 year old? Or is it a little too "jack black"?

Oh, and your book is FINALLY (SO, SO, SO SORRY!!!) on it's way. I mailed it last Tuesday so it should be getting to you any day. Let me know what you think.

Sheila said...

My four year old loved it. It wasn't too "jack black" (I totally know what you mean about that!) the fight scenes are a little scary, esp. with the villian, but it's no more scarier than something like The Lion King. If my son was three, I'd still take him to see this movie.

Got the book this weekend too - what a nice surprise! I forgot all about it :) Thanks!

AmberJ said...

Thanks for the feedback.I hope you enjoy the book!