Friday, August 15, 2008

Knit Bit: New Charity Project

There's no shortage of the knitting over here, but as I'm working on a Harry Potter scarf (Ravenclaw colors) it's pretty boring stuff. Endless stockenette in the round - yesterday as I was knitting, I actually was thinking about how I could easily calculate the exact number of stitches I put into this scarf (19 stripes, each 19 rounds, with how many stitches in a round . . . . ). I've been trailing for a new project, but really I have things to finish up first . . . . Hasn't stopped me before, right?

I found this charity project today: The Red Scarf Project. I've been wanting to do more baby hats, but the Caps for the Capital project is over and I would really like to find a local group to donate to, but I've been unable to find a contact person for the hospitals by my house. I haven't given up, but I think this scarf thing is perfect in the meantime. If you are a knitter or crocheter, check it out. One red scarf, sent in by Oct. 31, 2008. We can do that!

No comments: