Monday, August 04, 2008

Lots to Report

Since I last posted (the fab pool slide picture), we've had a Harry Potter dinner party (why are you surprised at the depth of my geekiness?) with our family, then the kids and I went to my parent's house in Lake Havasu for my aunt's wedding. I have a slew of pictures to share, but no time right now as we are getting ready for Sally's first day of soccer camp. (She's nervous - send a few prayers her way.) It was a super fun weekend, introducing my kids to some of my dad's cousins who came out from Iowa (which Sally keeps confusing with Idaho) for the wedding. I was much younger the last time I saw them (I think I was in grade school or junior high) so I only remember that they are the tallest and loudest women I had ever seen, and they were always laughing and joking with each other. Imagine my delight to find that my people are My People - they are all crafty, two of them are teachers, and we all like the same kind of music and movies. We talked and laughed and danced to Abba in the pool and the kids had a ball. The only downside was that it was 125 degrees when I arrived - yes, 125 degrees outside. I don't care if it's a dry heat - that's just too hot for me. It's like being inside an oven. I came home to 91 degrees and it felt mild and refreshing.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, Uncle Paul, Aunt Delores, Aunt Rona, Aunt Peggy, Aunt Nancy - great fun. Congrats Aunt Kathy and welcome to the family Uncle Jimmy!

No comments: