Monday, September 22, 2008

Conversations with Samuel

(in the parking lot right before church)

Samuel: "Why did that car park right next to you?"
Me: "They can park where they want. It's a free country. People can do what they want."
Samuel: "No they can't."
Me: "Yes, they can. That is one of the great things about America - freedom."
Samuel: "People can't do what they want to."
Me: "Yes, actually they can."
Samuel: "No, they can't, because if they could, then when you tell me to do stuff, then I could say 'Naa naa I can't hear you I'm just going to play this game anyway' and you know I can't do that."
Me: "Well, yes, you can, but there are consequences for that choice. You'd get in trouble. But you are still free to make that choice."
Samuel: (mumbling now) "No I can't."
Stuart: (laughing at me) "Your son just called you a dictator!"
Me: "I prefer benevolent monarch."

1 comment:

AmberJ said...

If we had business cards, that could be your title! :)