Monday, September 08, 2008

Conversations with Samuel's Teacher

So I'm working on the kindergarten playground, helping open juice boxes and ziplock bags (seriously) and Sam's teacher comes over to me and asks me, "So, was there an incident at home involving scissors?"

Me: "Aaah, yes."

Her: "I thought so."

Me: "Why do you ask?"

Her: "When we were doing our crafts yesterday, Sam raised his hand and told me that his mom doesn't allow him to use scissors."

Me: stunned silence

Her: "I told him it was ok, because in kindergarten we learn the right way to use scissors, but he was sure you would be mad at him."

Me: nervous laughter

I then explained the whole scissors incident (omiting the part where I laugh so hard that I can't continue with the consequences) and told her about the week of no games. She told me our discipline was quite effective. After, I casually brought up the topic with Sam and explained that he was allowed to use scissors at school - as long as he was cutting paper only. His response:

"I KNOW DAT, MOM!"

11 comments:

Lisa P said...

making me laugh out loud...

Tito Juanito said...

Is he going by Sam now?

rvodyssey said...

I love this kid

geekyhistorian said...

He is so awesome. I love The Boy.

Tito Juanito said...

and what is this mysterious Scissors Incident? It had better be good after all this alluding.

geekyhistorian said...

Oh it's good....


:p

Sheila said...

Yes, he's going by Sam now. (Go figure.) I mentioned the scissors/lying incident earlier - he cut something that wasn't paper and got in trouble, then lied about it. It actually wasn't as big a deal in my mind as it was in his, that's for sure!

AmberJ said...

But you never mentioned WHAT he cut.

Sheila said...

it was his bed sheets

spongebob bed sheets, no less.

Tito J said...

Oh.

Time for a little iron-on interfacing...

AmberJ said...

Yes, I would say that warranted loss of game fun.