Monday, September 15, 2008

Job

So, after nine years of staying home with young children, I am back at work. (Sort of.) I am working at my kids' school as a playground supervisor (kindergarten) and a noon duty supervisor (three days a week). It's not well paid, and there are no benefits, but I love it. The kindergarten kids are the best. I've been able to comfort a few sad kids, brush off a few injured kids (nothing serious, thankfully), and open dozens of juice pouches. It's really a privilege to be able to help make these kids first experience with school a positive one. (And now that Samuel is going by Sam, I'm known as "Sam's Mom".)

Both kids are doing great so far this year and both of them love their teachers. What a blessing to have such qualitiy people teaching at a public school!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here comes the money.

Stu

Sheila said...

Yep. We're living the dream, baby.

Gwen said...

Hey there! I know the feeling I'm working two days a week for preschool Gracie went to! Wow...I'm rolling in the dough! HAHA!!! I needed something now that my baby is in school full-time! Kindergarten is fun isn't it?

I wanted to let you know that I made my blog private. If you are interested I will add you as a reader just email me at mgshep10@hotmail.com

cko7910@yahoo.com said...

What a wonderful blessing you are to be at school to help nurture the children. They are so lucky!!!

alison said...

When did he switch to Sam, and why?

Sheila said...

Alison, it happened this summer and I have no idea why. I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that Sam is much faster to write than Samuel. (clever or lazy? hard call.)