Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Don't Tell Them . . . .

. . . but we're planning a surprise trip to SeaWorld this Friday. The kids have no idea. I'm so excited about it! I'm trying to figure out when to pack - Samuel will not pick up on anything unusual, but Sally will know for sure that something is up. San Diego is one of my favorite cities to visit. I think I might love to live there, but I'm almost afraid that if we ever do, it will lose some of it's charm.

Nothing much new around here. School, work, laundry, dishes . . . . . the days go by fast. I was reminded by my dear friend, MaryBeth (I know you go by Mary these days, but you'll always be MaryBeth to me!), to enjoy the trip and focus on each day, to not be so focused on the destination that I miss the point of the trip. Great post, MaryBeth! (click on that last sentence for the link to the post)

5 comments:

Tito J said...

On Sunday, I saw a little family walking across UC Berkeley's campus. The kids were younger than yours, but a boy and a slightly older girl. The family was walking with a friend of theirs, to whom the little boy said, "I remember you!" The man said, happily, "You do? I saw you yesterday!" And then the girl laughed at them.

It just seemed a very familiar dynamic to me.

Child of God said...

Is that THE Mary Beth? Biola Mary Beth? That is a great post.

ck said...

Have a wonderful time. Such memory builders.

Rachelle said...

I hope your trip here was fun!! I agree SD does have a lot of charm, even living here for 8 yrs I don't think it's it. I still love to go out and play tourist at my favorite places, my hhusband just rolls his eyes when I stop to take photos, haha.

Sheila said...

K, yes, it's THE Mary Beth, from Biola. She's the best, isn't she???