Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Knit Bit: Charity Knitting

A few years ago I knit up some hats for a project called Caps to the Capital. They were really fun to make because baby hats, especially preemie hats, are a very quick project. Last week, I got a postcard about a new project (from Save the Children, the same group that did Caps to the Capital) called Knit One, Save One. The deadline is the end of this year, so if you'd like to join me and make a hat, you have three months! There are patterns for easy knit and crochet hats in the Action Kit - you can download it free.

I finished the Red Scarf, and it turned out to be plenty long, too. The pattern wasn't as much fun to knit up as it is fun to look at, so I'm really glad I'm finished :)
Yarn: Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds (2 skeins exactly)

1 comment:

Mel said...

LOL My so called scarf.

Beautifully done and what a cute name for a pattern.