Monday, November 10, 2008

Knit Bit: Blue Fingerless Gloves

I bought one skein of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in Navy to see if I like this yarn. I had it in mind to make myself a sweater. However. I found out that this happens to be a discontinued color, so I think that it would be a bad choice for a whole sweater. But perfect for some gloves!
Ever since I knit up those purple fingerless gloves last year, I've loved them. They are great. This pair, though, is based on two patterns that I found and I combined them to get these lovely gloves. Also - see that little bit of yarn in the middle?
That's all that is left. I used the entire skein except that little bit left. That means that I knit the gloves at the same time from opposite ends of the skien, and that I used as much as possible while keeping the gloves the same size.

I love stuff like that.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Sheila,
I'm in awe of your knitting technique; it seems to be wasted in LA though. There is not enough cold weather!

Sheila said...

Aw thanks! Yes, it is pretty wasted in LA - maybe we'll retire someplace colder in twenty or thrity years :)