Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the common cold

I am near the end of my cold. I'm coughing today - sounds like a two pack a day smoker trying to clear the lungs - and my voice is almost gone. Yesterday on the playground, the wind was blowing right through me, so today I have pulled out the wool handknits - there are very few days out here that I can wear them all at once, so I'm cheered up a little bit. But I have to go out into the world, when really I want to curl up on the couch with a blanket and a cup of hot something and watch four hours of scrubs and other nonsense.

Stuart's cold is mostly gone - his bad days were last week and over the weekend - and the kids have remarkably escaped for now. Sally's got something going on with her stomach, but it comes and goes and is mostly bothering her at night. Sam is healthy and driving all of us sickos a bit crazy with his incessant talking. If he's not talking, it's because he's playing a game. He's all or nothing these days.

I have found a professional to work on our pool, and he's a miracle worker - had everything fixed and the pool restored to a clean blue color in one day!

And I'm caught up on the laundry. For today.

I'm caught up on the kitchen. For five hours.

But I need to take in the recycling. I think we have five or six bags. I haven't done it in a long while. I hate taking in the recycling. Maybe I'll do it today when I'm already feeling blah.

Or maybe I'll do that tomorrow. When I'm feeling better.

1 comment:

Khalaf Haddad said...

Hope you all feel better soon. Benjamin is still coughing from before Christmas. And thanks for the kick in the pants - the blog is now updated with some (lots of) pictures. Sorry for the delay - I was finishing up schoolwork from a previous semester, and am starting stuff for this semester.