Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

Welcome, 2009! I'm eager to see what you hold for me. My kids are growing fast, and my job as a mom is changing as they become older and more independent. What do you have planned for me, 2009? On this New Year's Day, as with every year, I feel like something is about to happen, like change is on the other side of the door.

Thank you, 2008. You were a good year to me. You were a year of rest. You were a year of bringing things full circle. You gave me so many good things that I am a little sad to see you go. Most of all, 2008, I'd like to thank you for bringing the right people to our door on the day that we needed their fellowship. Friends, family, new friends, college friends, people in the grocery store, people at church, people who we didn't know would remember us. 2008, I will always remember you as the year of people returning to me. Along with the gift of feeling connected to community, you have also given me the gift of seeing myself through other people's perceptions. I am older, I am wiser, I am different. But I am also the same, the same girl I used to be. I'll hold this gift close to my heart.

Goodbye, 2008. I'll miss you.

No comments: