Thursday, March 05, 2009

Advice Column

A very good friend of mine is expecting her first baby in a few months, and she has requested a new blog feature: Advice to Young Mothers. She's been a regular reader for a long while now, and she's a very smart girl, so I'm going to take her advice and give it a shot.

For my debut, I am going to repost a list that I posted in August, 2004.

The Top Five Products that all Mommies (and Daddies) Can't Live Without:

(5) Cheerios & Goldfish Crackers
(4) Sippy Cups
(3) Baby Wipes
(2) Ziplock Bags
(1) Q-tips

For new mommies, #4 and #5 can wait a year or so, but the top three are critical. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to have enought baby wipes around the house (and in the car). Stock up. Get the case at Costco (or Sam's Club). Trust me. We still have a spare box of wipes somewhere in the kid's bathroom, and my youngest has been potty-trained for three years now.

Coming up:
~ Things they don't tell you about labor & delivery (but they should)
~ Advice to nursing mothers
~ A horrific story about baby poop and the need for extra supplies in your car

I think this will be a fun ride. Moms out there, shout out in the comments. We want to hear what you think!

No comments: