Thursday, March 05, 2009

Pink Sweater

This is the latest project that I've been working on - it's called "Hey Teach" and I'm knitting it in Cotton-Ease yarn in the Berry color.I knit up the back, and the two fronts (it's a button cardigan) and when I was finishing up the right front it was when I was getting over being sick and I really screwed it up. I totally forgot a whole set of instructions and had to rip out about 12 rows. But it's lace, and I didn't run any lifelines (which is what they tell you to do when you knit lace, but I didn't do it) so when I ripped it back and put it back on the needles, I had the wrong number of stitches. So I had to rip back four more rows, and then I got it right. I'm totally blaming the dayquil for that one.

Now I'm working on the sleeves, and I decided to modify the pattern ('cause I can!) and make them just below the elbow instead of short sleeves. So, in an effort to not mess them up and to make them exactly the same, I'm knitting both sleeves at the same time. From the same ball of yarn, too. (Yep. Mad knitting skills.)
Now that I'm almost done, I have a fear that I've made the whole thing too small. Hopefully I didn't, because I'm pressing on to the finish and hoping for the best.

No comments: