Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Pink Sweater

The pink sweater is finally finished, and I do love it. I'm really glad that it fits. (I was worried there for awhile.) I changed the sleeves to be longer than the pattern calls for, and I'm very happy with how they turned out. If I had to do it over again, I'd make it 1-2 inches longer, but since I'll always wear a shirt under it, it's not really a big deal.(I'm still figuring out the best way to do these self-portraits. Another work in progress.)

For the knitters:
Pattern: Hey Teach! from knitty.com
Yarn: Cotton Ease from Lion Brand Yarn in Berry (4 skeins)

This was my first official lace project, and I even used the chart in the pattern (in the past, I have taken the chart and written out the stitch instructions in words) and it was actually pretty fun. And I think I did it without any mistakes at all! :)

4 comments:

Amber said...

You constantly amaze me with your knitting talents! (And your modelling talents, too!)

Jenni said...

beautiful! I'm so impressed! you'll have to give me a lesson some day. (FYI, we should be there around May 1 and I won't start work until June.)

Child of God said...

Wow, that is so cool. It's way cute.

cko7910 said...

This sweater is soooo beautiful. You look fantastic! You have such a gift and talent.