Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day Two

Lovely. I made myself some plain scones for breakfast and had them with a second cup of coffee. Quiet and coffee and sewing blue squares together. I realized that our house would seem so much bigger if we didn't have kids. I took a shower without anyone coming in the bathroom to ask me a question. I went to the grocery store and didn't have to hurry for any reason whatsoever.

It's been delightful.

I have rented girl movies (The Women, Revolutionary Road, and he's just not that into you (ok, that last one I'll be watching with Stuart)) and I am just about to make a chocolate cake for our small group tonight (R, you are welcome).

Last night, Stuart and I went out to dinner and then came home and watched a horrible movie that I should be ashamed that I find so funny, but I'm not so I'll tell you: Tropic Thunder. Stuart got it for me for Christmas, but it is so profane that I won't watch it with the kids in the house. Finally, we got our chance. I laughed and laughed. When he kills the panda bear . . . and the agent playing wii and getting so upset about the tivo . . . . and Tom Cruise couldn't be funnier. But the best is Robert Downey Jr. I have always been a big fan, even through the bad years. He is just so funny in this, and I hear that Iron Man is going to be a trilogy (yippee!). Big fan. Only You - loved that movie! (huh, I think I have that one somewhere. . . . ) Heart & Souls - yes, saw it in the theater and I cried at the end. Chaplin - magic. And who doesn't love Soapdish? Seriously. Even loved him in Weird Science.

All right, I'm off to make a cake and fold laundry. It's not all fun and games this week.

No comments: